Sheryl Murray wins the 2012 CARE Award
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Lynn Pardie presented Murray with the award. She thanked all civil service staff members for their dedication to UIS.
“There is no corner of the campus or aspect of the educational experience that doesn’t rely in some way on the skills of our very talented and dedicated civil service staff,” said Pardie. “I am so grateful for all that you do every day on behalf of UIS.”
Murray’s nomination form describes her as someone who “goes the extra mile, is pleasant and knowledgeable.” Her professionalism and diligence are always on display as she helps students, faculty, staff, and visitors who enter the dean’s office.
Murray has worked at UIS since 2005. In addition to her College of Public Affairs and Administration duties, she volunteers to serve on committees and shows her enthusiasm about the university whenever possible.
The award was handed out as part of the 6th annual Civil Service Appreciation Day, which honors the approximately 308 civil service employees at UIS for all of their hard work and dedication. This year’s celebration included a variety of door prize drawings.
Other Civil Service employees nominated for the award include:
- Amanda Baughman, Police Officer, Campus Police
- Gwen Cribbett, Admissions and Records Officer, Admissions
- Meghan Harmon, Office Administrator, Library Administration
- Laurie Koehne, Building Service Sub Foreman, Building Services
- Ron Peddicord, Senior Library Specialist, Library Administration
- Kurt Piskin, Natural Sciences Tech Assistant, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Denise Rothenbach, Business Manager I, Information Technology Services
- Lesly Schoo, Office Manager, Undergraduate Academic Advising Center
- Pamela Schweikle, Admissions and Records Officer, Admissions
- Ellen (Nell) Smock, Office Manager, Management Information Systems
- Patty Stoutamyer, Office Support Specialist, Mathematical Sciences
- Dawn Tompkins, Administrative Clerk, Office of Electronic Media
- Randall Williams, Food Service Administrator IV, Food Services